May is a wonderful month. I have reasons to love each and every month, so here are my top 5 reasons why I love May.
- The weather is getting warmer and we can finally get outside.
- BBQ (need I say more?)
- Indy 500 party… I’ll explain more about this in a later post.
- Mother’s Day 🙂
- Memorial Day, a day to remember those who have fallen to protect our freedom.
What are your favorite things about May???
I wrote yesterday about my dealings with mental illness, So today, I figured I would give you my Top 5 ways I like to relax. These are my personal top 5 faves. So let’s begin
- Enjoying a good cup of coffee. This is one of my favorites. It doesn’t take long to make a cup (or pot) of coffee, and I can instantly relax while taking in the aroma and flavor of the coffee as it melts away tension (well, sort of)
- Taking a nice hot bath or shower. There is something comforting about warm (hot) water that relaxes me. I am by myself, which means I can think about the day, plan the next day, or just sit and relax.
- Thank Goodness for warmer weather. I love to just sit outside and watch the birds, the squirrels, and sometimes the deer that come into the back area. Sitting on the balcony is peaceful and relaxing.
- Taking the dog for a walk. Another good warmer weather one. The dog and I just walk. I stop “thinking” open my eyes and ears and take in all that is around me. Great way to forget about stressful situations
- My last way to relax is… Tickling my kiddos. Sometimes I think as adults we get to serious about life. Yes, we are trying to raise young men and women that will become productive members of society, but every now and then… just let loose, and have some fun.
These are MY top 5 ways to relax. What are some ways you relax?
Now, I know there are those of you who are gonna immediately wish to disagree with me here, and that is fine. First, here me out, you might realize I’m right.
I use to LOVE the rain. The sound, the smell the rhythmic way it can lull you to sle- oh who am I kidding? Those were all wonderful things about the rain BEFORE I had kids. Since having kids, rainy days suck. I woke up this morning, wishing it could be one of those nice mornings when I could go back to sleep and sleep-in, the sound (or what I could hear of it through a fussy 4 month old) was for sure relaxing, but motherhood calls.
These are my top 5 reasons Rainy Days Suck
- They make you tired, sluggish, and just wanna chill. This was great when I didn’t have my little ones, even when my toddler was super young, now, I drag myself out into the living room and watch as my toddler spins circles around me… sheesh!!!
- This brings me to my 2nd point which is toddlers have waaay to much energy to be cooped up in the house all day. Rainy days make for cranky kids, that makes for cranky mommy.
- I have not run into THIS problem myself, but, I know I will. Canceling plans your child was looking forward to due to rain can make them even crankier. Crankier kids = Mommy is going INSANE!!!
- This one has 2 parts. Going out in the rain. Toddlers wanna splash in the puddles, mom & dad just wanna get in the car and get going. This is just a set-up for major meltdowns (from all involved). Mom & Dad get upset because kids wanna play, kids get upset because they wanna play and mom & dad won’t let them. Ugh.
- This goes along with #4 Getting stuck in an unexpected rain. You know what I’m talking about, you’re at the park, enjoying a cloudy (but beautiful) day. All of the sudden you feel the first couple of drops. You start to think maybe it really isn’t raining, then all of the sudden DOWNPOUR!!! Now again, mom & dad are soaked and wanting to get out of the rain, kids wanna play in the rain. DISASTER!!!
All that being said, rainy nights mean early bedtimes and relaxed kiddos. Can it just rain at night from now on???
Can you relate to this??? What is your favorite and least favorite part of rainy days???