So, today as I woke up, I thought to myself, I’ve been on this laptop crazy hours for this blog, and while I am a believer in sometimes having to work harder at the beginning to get established, I just couldn’t do it anymore. So, I took the day off, well, sort of. I got up and got the toddler and baby up. I got breakfast ready, and we all ate. We watched ONE episode of Sesame Street (usually it is on nonstop in the morning when I’m trying to get blogging and social media stuff done). I played with the toddler a bit, and then, something awesome happened. I spent a good hour cuddling with my (extremely) independent (highly) active toddler.
I was amazed at first by just how simple it was to entertain her. Don’t get me wrong, I do spend time with her, but, usually it is in 10-15 minute hit or miss times 5-6 times a day. I play ball with her, we read, she drags uh leads me around the house. For the first time though, she didn’t do any of that. She just sat on the couch with me. After lunch, I put her down for her nap and I sat and thought for a few minutes, was I spending so much time “working” that I didn’t notice my daughters desire just to spend time with me.
So, No More!!! I am done burying myself in work. I’m not good with schedules, so I’m not gonna say I’ll make a schedule and stick to it, I won’t… I know this. I do however know how to fix this. Here is my plan:
- Start writing weekly as well as daily to do lists on Sunday (yes, I’ll write 8 lists on Sunday 1 weekly and 7 daily lists).
- I’ll write things that can be done any time during the week on the weekly list.
- The daily list will include any appointments or special things to remember for that day.
- I will NOT freak out about what is not done… as long as there is still time in the day or week to get it done.
- I will update during my Sunday Confessional posts weekly… you all (my lovely readers) get to hold me accountable.
I am incredibly happy with this arrangement, as it will allow me to work, and get house work done while also spending quality time with my family. Anyone wanna follow my plan with me???
So, I’ll end this post with a few pics of how I spent my afternoon once the toddler woke up.