Now, I know there are those of you who are gonna immediately wish to disagree with me here, and that is fine. First, here me out, you might realize I’m right.
I use to LOVE the rain. The sound, the smell the rhythmic way it can lull you to sle- oh who am I kidding? Those were all wonderful things about the rain BEFORE I had kids. Since having kids, rainy days suck. I woke up this morning, wishing it could be one of those nice mornings when I could go back to sleep and sleep-in, the sound (or what I could hear of it through a fussy 4 month old) was for sure relaxing, but motherhood calls.
These are my top 5 reasons Rainy Days Suck
- They make you tired, sluggish, and just wanna chill. This was great when I didn’t have my little ones, even when my toddler was super young, now, I drag myself out into the living room and watch as my toddler spins circles around me… sheesh!!!
- This brings me to my 2nd point which is toddlers have waaay to much energy to be cooped up in the house all day. Rainy days make for cranky kids, that makes for cranky mommy.
- I have not run into THIS problem myself, but, I know I will. Canceling plans your child was looking forward to due to rain can make them even crankier. Crankier kids = Mommy is going INSANE!!!
- This one has 2 parts. Going out in the rain. Toddlers wanna splash in the puddles, mom & dad just wanna get in the car and get going. This is just a set-up for major meltdowns (from all involved). Mom & Dad get upset because kids wanna play, kids get upset because they wanna play and mom & dad won’t let them. Ugh.
- This goes along with #4 Getting stuck in an unexpected rain. You know what I’m talking about, you’re at the park, enjoying a cloudy (but beautiful) day. All of the sudden you feel the first couple of drops. You start to think maybe it really isn’t raining, then all of the sudden DOWNPOUR!!! Now again, mom & dad are soaked and wanting to get out of the rain, kids wanna play in the rain. DISASTER!!!
All that being said, rainy nights mean early bedtimes and relaxed kiddos. Can it just rain at night from now on???
Can you relate to this??? What is your favorite and least favorite part of rainy days???